Many know that the healthcare sector is growing and there is an increased demand for employees. However, which specific careers are in the most demand within the medical industry?
Nursing assistants are some of the most in demand careers as the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that employment in the nursing assistant field is expected to grow by 21 percent by 2022, which is faster than the average for all occupations. “Because of the growing elderly population, many nursing assistants and orderlies will be needed in long-term care facilities,”the BLS reports.
With the growing demand for nursing assistants, now might be a great time to consider this as a new career. If you still need to be convinced, here are 5 reasons why becoming a nursing assistant could be the right move for you.
1) As already stated, the nursing assistant profession is growing. There is a growing demand for more professionally trained nursing assistants and this is one of the fastest growing career fields in the nation. The growth of this industry means there are thousands of jobs available for jobseekers, but many employers are looking for high-quality applicants, such as those who have completed the nursing assistant training program at The Health Care Institute.
2) Another reason to consider a career as a nursing assistant is because it allows you to work in the medical field without having to complete a lengthy and expensive medical degree. Preparation to become a doctor or nurse can take several years and hundreds of thousands of dollars. However, becoming a nursing assistant takes a lot less time and less money. Employers are looking for nursing assistants with professional training, which can be completed in a matter of months.
3) Working as a nursing assistant allows you to feel accomplished each day knowing you made a difference in a person’s life. Nursing assistants work directly with patients and play a crucial role in the healthcare industry. This is a career that requires an ability to multitask and stay on your toes, but it’s a great career for those who want to make a difference and feel good about themselves at the end of the day.
4) Another reason to consider a career as a nursing assistant is because you have the option to work in a variety of facilities. There is a growing demand for nursing assistants in hospitals, doctor’s offices and long-term care facilities, such as nursing homes. The diversity of work environments makes this a desirable field for many jobseekers looking to enter the medical profession.
5) If you are able to complete the training program at The Healthcare Institute then you can feel confident that you have been equipped with the skills and abilities today’s healthcare employers are looking for. Having confidence your abilities is important in any profession, and students of The Healthcare Institute’s nursing assistant training program can feel confident that they can get the job done in this fast-paced field.
If you have always had an interest in working in the medical field, then becoming a nursing assistant could be the right fit for you and there has hardly been a better time to seek professional nursing assistant training from a school like The Healthcare Institute than right now. The Healthcare Institute’s nursing assistant training program teaches students the ins and outs of the profession, including assisting with examinations, obtaining vital signs, performing office laboratory procedures and a variety of other tasks today’s healthcare employers require from medical assistants. Students who complete the nursing assistant training program can feel confident they have be taught the skills today’s employers are looking for in an effort to meet the growing demand for nursing assistants.
Many jobseekers are drawn to this profession because it offers them the chance to help others and play an important role in the medical industry. Nursing assistants are in increasing demand, especially those with relevant training in today’s clinical and administrative tasks that are a central part to the medical industry. There are many reason to become a medical assistant, especially if you are someone who is passionate about helping others.